Excessive noise from PWCs often makes them unwelcome with other vessel operators and people on shore. Be a courteous PWC operator.
- Vary your operating area, and do not keep repeating the same maneuver.
- Avoid congregating with other PWC operators near shore, which increases annoying noise levels.
- Avoid making excessive noise near residential and camping areas, particularly early in the morning.
- Avoid maneuvers that cause the engine exhaust to lift out of the water because that increases noise levels.
- Do not modify your engine exhaust system if it increases the noise. Improperly modified exhausts will not make your PWC faster and may raise the noise to an illegal level.